English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing have to view web sites on cellular units, web sites should be adaptable to hundreds of various display resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, knowledgeable internet developer Joe Casabona teaches you easy methods to leverage WordPress to get probably the most out of responsive design, implement finest practices, automate vital processes, and make your life simpler general. You will begin with a refresher on the core performance of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Discover out what to contemplate on the outset of the design course of to avoid wasting hours of labor throughout redesigns. Study up-to-date finest practices for figuring out breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping web site bloat for higher consumer expertise regardless of the consumer’s connection pace. Lastly, you will apply the rules you study to particular tutorials, reminiscent of constructing a photograph gallery, map web page, and merchandise web page.
* Study when to depend on themes and when it is best to make use of plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Study numerous navigation strategies, reminiscent of Bounce to with
* clean scrolling or Choose field.
* Use standard responsive strategies, like picturefill.js, to make pictures reply to totally different display resolutions and connection speeds.
* Discover frameworks, together with Bootstrap and Basis.
* Obtain dozens of code samples to assist implement responsive design strategies, and take a look at your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.